The Railway Recruitment Board Exam (RRB) Group D test is a valuable opportunity for those interested in working for the Indian Railways. This article provides a comprehensive explanation of the RRB Group D exam, including its objective, eligibility requirements, and other important details.
What is the RRB Group D Exam?
The Railway Recruitment Board conducts the RRB Group D exam to recruit suitable candidates for various Grade-IV posts in Level 1 of the 7th CPC Pay Matrix across several departments of Indian Railways. Assistant Pointsman, Track Maintainer Grade-IV, Helper/Assistant in several technical departments (Electrical, Mechanical, and S&T departments), and other roles are available.
RRB Group D 2023 Notification
The RRB Group D recruitment is managed by the Railway Recruitment Cells (RRC). The RRB, on behalf of the RRC, oversees the RRB Group D recruitment process. The recruitment notification for the RRC Group D exam released soon.
You May Also Check: Railway Recruitment Board Exam (RRB) ALP & Technician
Railway Recruitment Board Exam (RRB) Group D Application Form Apply
Visit the Official RRB Website
- Begin by visiting the official website of the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) of the respective region you wish to apply for.
Locate the RRB Group D Notification
- On the homepage, search for the link “RRB Group D Recruitment Notification” and click on it.
Start the Application Process
- Click on the “Apply Online” button. If you are applying for the first time and haven’t registered before, select “New Registration.”
Fill in the Details
- Provide all the required details, including personal, contact, and academic information.
Upload Necessary Documents
- You will need to upload a scanned copy of your photograph and signature. Ensure that these documents are in the specified format and size.
- Proceed with the fee payment process. The application fee varies based on the category of the candidate. For instance, while the general category may need to pay Rs. 500, certain categories like PWDs, Women, Transgenders, Ex-Servicemen, Minorities, and Economically Backward Classes might only need to pay Rs. 250.
Review and Submit
- Before finalizing your application, preview the form to ensure all details are accurate. Once satisfied, submit the application.
Confirmation and Printout
- After successful submission, take a printout of the application form for future reference.
Key Highlights of the Railway Recruitment Board Exam (RRB) Group D
- Exam Name: RRB Group D Level-1
- Conducting Body: Railway Recruitment Board (RRB)
- Total Vacancies: Coming Soon
- Age Limit: 18 to 33 years
- Educational Qualification: 10th Pass or equivalent
- Computer Based Test (CBT-1)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Document Verification
- Medical Examination
- Mode of Exam: CBT – Online written exam; PET/PMT – Physical Fitness Test
- Exam Type: Objective
- Number of Questions: 100
- Maximum Marks: 100
- Negative Marking: 0.33 marks deducted for each wrong answer
- Time Duration: 90 minutes
Initial pay scale (Level 1) based on 7th CPC Pay Matrix: ₹18,000 per month
RRB Group D Syllabus
The RRB Group D syllabus is comprehensive and covers various subjects, including:
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Science
- General Awareness and Current Affairs
The RRB Group D test is a fantastic chance for individuals who want to work for the Indian Railways. Aspirants can prepare properly and boost their chances of success if they comprehend the exam structure, syllabus, and other important details.