The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has officially announced the Combined Geo-Scientist Prelims Exam 2024 (CGSE 2024) recruiting procedure. This is a fantastic chance for candidates interested in working for the Geological Survey of India or the Central Ground Water Board. Here’s a thorough guide to assist you understand the recruitment process, key dates, open positions, and more.
The UPSC has issued a detailed advertisement for the recruitment of several positions, including Geologist, Geophysicist, and Chemist Group A. These posts are available at the Geological Survey of India, the Ministry of Mines, the Central Ground Water Board, the Ministry of Jal Shakti, the Department of Water Resources, River Development, and Ganga Rejuvenation, and the Ministry of Jal Shakti.
UPSC Geoscientist Recruitment 2023 Official Notification: Download
- Notification Release Date: 21 September 2023
- Last Date for Online Application: 10 October 2023
- Prelims Examination Date: 18 February 2024
- Main Examination Date: 22 June 2024
|Category||Post Name||Number of Vacancies|
|Category – I||Geologist, Group A||34|
|Geophysicist, Group A||1|
|Chemist, Group A||13|
|Category – II||Scientist ‘B’(Hydrogeology), Group ‘A’||4|
|Scientist ‘B’(Chemical) Group ‘A’||2|
|Scientist ‘B’(Geophysics) Group ‘A’||2|
Geologist Group ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India: Master’s degree in Geological Science or related fields from a recognized University.
Geophysicist Group ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India: M.Sc. in Physics or Applied Physics or related fields from a recognized University.
Chemist Group ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India: M. Sc. in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry from a recognized University.
Scientist ‘B’ (Hydrogeology) Group ‘A’ in C.G.W.B: Master’s degree in Geology or related fields from a recognized University.
- Minimum Age: 21 Years
- Maximum Age: 32 Years
The UPSC will conduct the following exams for the selection of candidates:
- UPSC Geo-Scientist Prelims Exam
- UPSC Geo-Scientist Mains Exam
- UPSC Geo-Scientist Interview
How to Apply
Visit the Official Website:
- Start by going to the official UPSC website at upsconline.nic.in.
One Time Registration (OTR):
- Register yourself on the OTR portal by clicking the “New Registration” button.
- After registration, login using your Email ID, Mobile Number, or OTR ID to verify the already registered OTR application.
- Navigate to the “Latest Notification” tab in the OTR application.
- Fill out the application form for the UPSC Geologist Examination 2023.
- After filling out the form, submit it and ensure you keep a printout for future reference.
The UPSC Geoscientist Recruitment 2023 is an excellent opportunity for those who want to work with the prestigious Geological Survey of India and the Central Ground Water Board. Candidates can effectively prepare for and traverse the recruiting stages if they understand the application process, eligibility criteria, and important dates. It is critical to keep up with any subsequent announcements or updates on the official UPSC website. Because the competition is predicted to be fierce, aspirants are recommended to begin their preparations early and establish their study strategy. We wish each and every candidate the best of luck in their efforts to acquire a place in this outstanding recruitment drive!